Welcome to Bluff Cove Lagoon Falkland Penguin Tour
"Best beach for nature lovers - World's 50 Best Beaches"The Sunday Times Travel Magazine
May 2010 issue read more
Bluff Cove Lagoon Tour wins at the
Seatrader Insider Awards 2009
"Birdwatching just doesn’t get anymore civilised."
We invite cruise ship passengers on our exclusive tour to see penguins in their natural environment in the wild. The Lagoon is less than an hour from Stanley in the Falkland Islands, on our private sheep and cattle ranch - Bluff Cove Farm.
Home to over 3,000 Gentoo Penguins, a small growing colony of King Penguins, presently with 5 breeding pairs together with chicks and juveniles, and an abundance of other spectacular wildlife; it is a beautiful wilderness beach and can only be reached by four-wheel drive vehicles on an exciting safari. The tour is an experience not to be missed! Passengers are pampered from pier to penguins and back again. Home-baking and delicious local flavours are served with live music in the legendary beach-side Sea Cabbage Café. By the Cafe is the museum telling the story of the farm and Falkland life. So much more than just a penguin tour; it is a fabulous combination of Falkland hospitality and the Islands’ characterful heritage. Enjoy adventure in comfort. Our passion is regularly rewarded by guests saying the tour was the highlight of their cruise.
Our fabulous Award ~Winning Bluff Cove Lagoon Penguin Tour includes
- Superb and abundant wildlife in a beautiful wilderness beach setting.
- Guests pampered from pier to penguins and back again.
- A short but informative minibus drive through the 1982 battlefields.
- Talk about Falkland’s life during the 4-wheel drive off-road safari adventure.
- Delicious home baking at the Sea Cabbage Café featuring local flavours and accompanied by live traditional music.
- The NEW Bluff Cove Museum by the beach telling the story of Bluff Cove, Falkland sheep farming, the nearby Sugar Wreck and the '82 War.
- Small gift shop and modern restroom facilities.
- Opportunities to talk with our knowledgeable and friendly Rangers.
- Plenty of time to explore and shop in Stanley before or after the tour.